Day 168: Items Purchased: 0, Temptation Radar: 0
At certain times, although often unannounced and without warning, I will wake up with what I can only describe as an influx of groove step. What, you may ask, is groove step? Not sure exactly how to explain it other than to note a significant bounce in the step, a hint of neck hula and an abundant dose of goofy self-confidence….emphasis on goofy. Tis’ always fun to experience this occasional supplement of energy because it almost always accompanied by random bursts of joyousness and unexpected surprises.
For starters, I decided that in order to match appropriately my mood, not just any outfit would do. Nope. I had to channel my inner ghetto. Thus today’s remix was mixed with ol skool’ hip hop. I dove into my archive of 1999 jams and rolled with circuit 1: Jay Z’s Can I get a Wha??? along with TLC’s No Scrubs. This was the beginning of a very good day.
Shorts: Merona for Target, Shirt: Cabi, Scarf: gift from my stylish friend, Courtney, Sunglasses: Tom Ford, Necklace: Saks Fifth, Ring: J’s Jade, New York City, Watch: Michael Kors. Shoes: You can’t see em’, but they’re the big grey platforms by Elle.
After the pep dance, a series of wonderful happenings followed:
- I completed another Jillian Michael’s exercise circuit without dying.
- A Nordstrom Note for $20 arrived in the mail. (YES!)
- I made the most delicious organic eggplant parmesan and the family LOVED it
- My magazines came just in time for my upcoming roadtrip
- White amazon girl jeans finally made it to alterations. Shorty gonna get her some new hem.